I needed to drain down the 29 to a low enough level that I can move it. That tanks is over 250 pounds when full. I can’t lift that much, so it takes me a bit longer to move it. This particular tote seems to have become my water tote. Anything water related, I grab this particular tote. Funny how humans are creatures of habit like that.
I siphoned half the water out of the tank into the tub. This made the tank light enough that I could slide the tank off of it’s stand, onto a bar stool standing on a furntiture dolly. I got the stool from FreeCycle for dad’s shop. Nice that I got to use it too.
I pushed the half full tank into the bedroom. I set the stand up, and walked in and out a few times, making sure I didn’t kick it, stub my toe on it, or find that it was otherwise in the way. Brother is inspecting my tank transportation system. Maybe we can get him a job with OSHA?
I slid the tank off the bar stool, back onto the stand. I wheeled my 18 gallon chair into the bedroom, and used the canister filter to pump the water back into tank. No need to try to get that tote high enough that I can siphon water back into the tank. I ended up breaking the handle on the Eheim filter. It doesn’t want to stay closed now. So, if I can’t fix it, or rig up something, it’s now a parts filter. Rather annoyed with myself on that one. They aren’t exactly cheap.
I set up the freshly cleaned and painted stand for the 48 gallon tank in the corner where the 29 was. It looks really nice there. I can put the filter I will eventually get for the tank in the corner, and put some shelves or a cabinet in the stand, and make it look nice. It really occupies that corner well.
I used my Python brand siphon filter to fill the tank up. I love these things. The best money I ever spent on a tank accessory. They hook up to the faucet and you can siphon or fill the tank with them. If you get one, get one long enough to reach anywhere in the house you will have a tank. Mine can just reach!
DOH! The tank leaks. It looks like it didn’t like being moved. I kinda suspected it would have issues. I could see where water had worked it’s way under the sealant on the sides. Set up a bucket to catch the drips. Water dripping off the corner followed the aluminum bar into the bucket.
When I get back from the wedding, I get to fix a fish tank. The glass is whole, so it’s just going to be a $10 and 5 hour fix..