I made a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine today. It was supposed to pump air, but never quite got that far.
The idea came about from a discussion on a website I am on about aquaponics.
Yes, I made an indoor windmill. Stop laughing. Please. No, really, stop laughing!
I am using the air coming out of a heat vent to test the concept as it’s a bit cold outside.
The air pump isn’t getting enough power to actually work, but it does prove that the concept should be able to be made. I blame the flimsy soda bottle. I had a hard time to get the curved bits to flare evenly. I used a lighter to heat the plastic a bit while I had positioned it where I wanted it. One half would work, the other doesn’t. Weirdness. I also used a bit of excess cat5 wire to hold the thing together. Not quite baling wire, but the tech-age equivalent.
The pictures are kinda hard to see what’s going on. so I made a video too.