I worked on my Settlers of Catan tiles last night

I posted about it too, but my phone appears to have eaten the post.

I had cut the acrylic hexagon tiles on my table saw. I had to make up a jig to get them close to the right size and square. They aren't perfect, but they are playable.

The printed photos are various photos that are topical found using Google image search. I'd initially created the tiles using HTML and CSS3 transforms, but no browser will print the css3 transformed background images correctly. So, I had to code up a pdf to get the job done instead. So now I have a bit of code that takes a .csv file of the tile type (hexagon), the border color, and an image URL and it will provide a HTML preview and a PDF print file.

I cut the tiles and used polycrylic wood finish as my glue. Kinda a decoupage thing I guess.

It looks like when I got the pdf printed, the 'shrink to fit' option was selected, as my tiles are all too small. But this turned out I guess.

I rather like the finished effect.

Now to make the water tiles and all the rest of the pieces.

In album

IMG_20111207_180920

IMG_20111207_180924

IMG_20111207_193552

IMG_20111207_213243

IMG_20111207_213716

IMG_20111207_215109

.

4 Replies to “I worked on my Settlers of Catan tiles last night”

  1. Thanks! Me too. One of the guys brought the game in at work a few weeks ago and we've played nearly every day since. I decided I had to have a copy myself. We play during lunch, and it would be a shame to wreck the game, so I am making a 'lunch room' friendly copy that can be easily wiped off if covered with food-goo.

  2. Thanks! Me too. One of the guys brought the game in at work a few weeks ago and we've played nearly every day since. I decided I had to have a copy myself. We play during lunch, and it would be a shame to wreck the game, so I am making a 'lunch room' friendly copy that can be easily wiped off if covered with food-goo.

Leave a Reply