I had to leave half way through the print, so I paused the job and powered down the heaters. The print finished ok when i powered the heaters back up, leaving a big blob where the nozzle had sat. Need to lift the nozzle off of the part or something. Last time I tried that though, there was too much ooze and it took a couple of layers before it caught up so the print ended up failing.
I bored out the inside of the z carriages so the rods would no longer push against them. This means that the springs no longer work as they slide past the carriage now.
There are now upper fixed height nuts. The left side isn’t quite snug. If I had been quicker thinking, i would have spun the nut in the captured socket so it meshed with the lower one better. I will shim it with paper instead.
The thick part means that the z limit switch never triggers. Combined with the fixed upper nuts, i drove the z into the bed hard before i hit the reset. I bet i bent my y rods in fixing my z rods!
By the time i get this printer figured out, i am going to need to build a new one as i’d have wrecked this one.
There is a big blob from turning the printer off and back on. I’d picked a spot in the infil, but it still buggered up around the edge.