dreamforce. I’ve been reading about it and watching the videos for the last couple of years. I am actually here, in San Francisco this year!
The top bag is my Kelty Oriole bag. I packed for the week in this bag. A little inspiration from my online Ultralight Backing Group. I knew I was getting a backpack at the event, so this works out for me, I have room for bringing stuff home in the 2nd bag.
I’d drive it to work lettered up without shame! Well, the ‘win me’ on the hood could be removed to clear up any confusion.
Talk about a surprise, seeing one of my machines at dreamforce for the Internet of Things Cloud booth. We could do oh-so much more to really show off everyone’s capabilities.
A bit of high-tech, and a bit of old-school leather work. My favorite way of doing things. My leather working skills aren't good yet, but they are getting close to fair. I love being able to do stuff.
It's even on GitHub if you want one of your own. https://github.com/creuzerm/openscad-projects/tree/master/Leather%20Business%20Card%20Holder
Lots of photos with descriptions to look at in the album.
My new business card! I added a NFC tag inside the case so I can also just tap a smart phone to the business card holder and transfer the data that way. A very high-tech business card holder.
The logo doesn’t show well under flash yet. I suspect a few months in a pocket will change that. You can see how I started at the computer & 3d printer to make the business card holder.
My printer is pretty loose and sloppy, so I clean up all the holes with a drill press. A few minutes here saves lots of frustration when sewing.
I am loving the rotary cutter for cutting this thin leather. No pulling and stretching and causing ill-fitting leather sides.
The leather is VERY thin, so I bond it to plastic to make it more resilient. This happens to be a Mt Dew 2 Liter Soda Bottle. Lots of poking holes so I can sew it later.
It only took a minute to print, but a long time to design and layout. It’s my Initials MJC arranged so the shapes look like “Me”.
I scaled the file, but forgot it was radius and not diameter, so the first print came out too big. A bit of scaling in Slic3r fixed that quickly enough.
The finished belt buckle. It’s a ‘kids’ buckle and not a full size one. I am not big on huge buckles. So it pinches the belt a bit. Steampunk styled belt, with a custom belt buckle to suite.