- in 20 minutes I will be Listening to "Show 1 What is Primitive?" by michalsen on #BlogTalkRadio http://www.blogtalkradio.com/primitiveskills/2011/09/19/show-1-what-is-primitive #
- Primitive radio is now live until 10:30pm. I will be calling in. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/primitiveskills/2011/09/19/show-1-what-is-primitive #
- I built a second burnt out gas grill blacksmithing forge tonight. This one should work better. http://twitpic.com/6n7ice http://twitpic.com/6n7igv #
- Check this video out — 2nd revision of my gas grill blacksmithing forge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-aTWbPTp8&feature=share @michaelsen it's much quiter #
I made something kinda cool today too! It kinda didn't turn out half bad.
Bricks lining an old gas grill to make a forge.
Using the holey bricks as a Turyere to provide air to the charcoal.
An iron in the fire!
The blower on to make the fire very very hot.
That's a hot bit of metal
A hot forge fire
Google+: View post on Google+
- CDC's Blog Post About Zombies Proves Apocalyptic to Website http://ow.ly/4Ylm9 The CDC page is http://ow.ly/4YmaP Cached http://ow.ly/4Ymd8 #
- Bella is digging through my firewood again… Dad you know I love you, right? http://twitpic.com/4zufvz http://twitpic.com/4zufts http://twitpic.com/4zufu2 #
- A examination of my gas-grill forge bricks show only slight deterioration. http://twitpic.com/4zui3z http://twitpic.com/4zui4s http://twitpic.com/4zui3d #
- Safety Tip: Keep your hands away from the business end of an air nailer/stapler. They can come back at you. @make_tips http://twitpic.com/4zx8so #
- My neighbors gave me a half sphere chairs. I bet Bella will love it. A bit of glue and nails and it's good as new. http://twitpic.com/4zxkv9 #
- I created a skype account for the garage. Ask if you want it to chat with me while I am working in the garage. #
- I need to go to bed. I was fixing things tonight and got dirty, which I love! One problem, the dirt is glued to my hands http://twitpic.com/4zxzpo #
I made a natural lump charcoal forge tonight out of an old gas grill. I lined it with recycled bricks. The blower is a leaf blower.
Thus begins my journey into the world of blacksmithing. Yet another hobby for me!