Posted on June 15, 2017June 15, 2017Hide Away Rolling Pantry This is what I had come up with for the pantry shortly after we moved it. Very functional, but not overly attractive. I think this looks much cleaner than the open shelves that where here before. This space was made for the fridge, but we moved the fridge closer to the sink and stove when we moved in. A good way to remember prices of material. Photos! Not sure what size smaller boards to use for the shelf faces. I ended up getting 2 sizes, and using them both. The smaller for the front, the larger for the back. My first unit. Working through the issues on it. Notice I got the front face on the front wrong – you see the back of the board and not the white front. No worries, this is now the back of the next unit. Rolls away into the closet space. It can hold a lot of stuff! And it still rolls around even when loaded up. This is as far as it goes in currently, as there are the old shelves still in the pantry. Getting more materials. In a snow storm. They don’t fit into my vehicle. As you may guess. I built these a while ago now, and am finally getting around to posting about them, Adding the back really improves the structure of the shelf! You can also see the face boards. These help with shelf sag and things wanting to fall off the shelves. Two units built. The old shelves came out so they can roll all the way in at this point. A simple jig to set my wheel location. Keeps things squareish so the cart will track straight. The wheels under the cabinet. The center one is to prevent sag as I plan to try to put the heavy stuff on the bottom. My littlest helper giving me a hand. All three units in place. When we bought the house this spot was where the fridge was. Now it’s a clean looking pantry that the little kids can rummage through and spread flour everywhere! Added the pull handles. It’s funny how I can order 10 online for less that I can buy 3 locally. All three shelves lined up for sorting. We will likely need to adjust shelf heights and re-sort it once we figure out that 1 meal needs all 3 opened instead of clustering ingredients by use instead of by type.