I had come across some very cheap (both in price and in quality) door and window alarms. Four for $4 at Menards. I saw them and thought, “oh, a housing and a reed switch.”
These things are quite cheaply made. No proper reed switch at all. Just a very cheap impersonation of one. Granted, it works – after you tear the thing apart and adjust the contacts. The first one out of the package didn’t work at all. I twiddled with it, and got it to work reliably.
I like the leave the windows open here. They can only be open a little bit so the cats can’t claw up the screen or force their way out. I figured if I put up two of the magnet half of the sensors, one for the door/window closed, and one for the partially open position, if somebody decided to let themselves into this unlocked door/window, I will hear about it. I also have cut bars that I drop into the window/door track. I think I will cut those a bit short, so if sombody gives the door/window a try, I will hear about it. They will still be long enough that you can’t fit an arm in far enough to lift them out of the way.
I saw this at Walmart while I was shopping for wedding supplies with my mother this Sunday. What caught my eye, was that it had Katie and my names on it. The date is wrong though, so I left it at the store. Nevermind that there was nobody in the department to sell it to me anyway.
I had planted 3 types of lettuce in this box planter this time last week. It looks like the Arugala is coming up now.
Here you can see the baby arugalas better. It looks like they are growing towards the grow light I have running for that shelf.
I had turned on my new irrigation system, and… er… uhm… left it on. You can see where I flooded all the pots to over flowing. Luckily for the plants, they all overflowed. Sucks for me, as they all over flowed. I really need to put these on a timer or otherwise automating it.