I 'caught the bug' and decided to make my own moccasins

I was going to buy a kit from Tandy when the kits where on sale, but didn't. I got the bits to make a belt instead. I decided to make a custom fit set instead. My feet are kinda Yetti shaped, so custom fit works better. I spent a few evenings over a week or so to get these put together.

I love the Internet. Plans, videos, etc. I've made a single pair, now I can do it without any references.

In album Moccasins

Test fitting my first Moccasin.

Took a couple of evenings to make these.

They even match!

This is the bits of scrap left over from making the footwear. Not too much waste.

It kinda sort fits!

This tab is supposed to be sewn up to for the heal, but I think I am going to leave it loose. I teach tracking courses, and this will totally mess up the students.

Nice footwear I think.

Insides have no seams.

The tools to make the 2nd par. My pocket knife, a needle, & a stick.

Flash on this photo.

You can see the marks on the right side for cutting the spot for my foot to go in.

All laced up.

The backs have been cut with little flaps to break a track.

I like my new moccasins.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux