Working on the Kayak again.

Well, I finally got to working on the kayak again. It has been a long time away from my pet project. It has been sitting, all folded up, at the foot of my bed. It took me a while to realize that I have misplaced all my old notes, so I had to pull up the plans on my computer. As you can see, the cat’s decided that they are going to help. Here Sister is curled up in the jigsaw case. Is that comfortable Sister?

I had a hard time trying to figure out how to cut this fancy shaped hinge piece. I ended up cutting all the curves and so on with it still on the stock, and then cutting it off and cleaning it up with a file and a dremel tool.

This is the end piece of the cockpit end assembly. I had a hard time trying to figure out from the drawings what to do here. I ended up just making a piece, seeing it was wrong, and re-making it correctly. The bottom piece is wrong, the top piece is correct. Note 2 things, one, that there is an eight inch slot between the flat and bent ends for the cockpit sides and also that the bend starts at 7/8s of an inch, and not at the full 1 inch that I had cut.

Like I said, the cats had decided that they where going to help!.

Leave a Reply