It's getting pretty tired. I've been looking for a replacement for about a year, but haven't found one I like at a price I am willing to pay.
So I made one. Tandy leather has a Steampunk Belt Blank. I bought it on their recent 'gold' sale. I also got some neatsfoot oil and black dye to finish the belt.
I dyed it and distressed it so it looks good to me. All black, subtle tooling, yet some contrast so more than a casual glance will show how awesome the pattern really is.
Now to forge a belt buckle… I love making stuff!
In album Steampunk Belt
The parts I bought to make my belt. Oil, Dye, and a belt blank.
2nd round of dying. The deeper stamping is dyed a 2nd time for a deeper color.
You can see how badly stretched my old belt is. It’s necking down in a couple of spots and is just generally tired.
Detail of the distressing vs the straight dyed leather.
First round of dying.
Tried to do a panoramic of my old belt and new belt.
Top to bottom. Old belt, dyed belt end cut, dyed & distressed belt.
View this post on Google+